Starting in mid-October (starting date is negotiable), we are looking for a:
Minimum of 10 hours/week for a minimum of 3 months
Are you an interdisciplinary minded student and passionate about (science) communication? The Institute for Advanced Study (IAS) of the University of Amsterdam is looking for a communication intern to support the communication advisor in a variety of tasks.
An internship is a learning opportunity. IAS therefore encourages you to respond if you meet only part of our requirements; we value motivation over acquired skills.
IAS strives to ensure that the composition of its staff is a reflection of society. We see it as added value if you contribute to the diversity within IAS.
What you will do:
- Various activities in marketing, communications and internal communications, both online and offline;
- Independently produce written and visual content;
- Support in photography and videography during events.
- Excellent English written language skill, Dutch is not required but can be helpful;
- Background in or affinity with (science) journalism/digital media/communication;
- Affinity with or interest in interdisciplinary research;
- Interest in content marketing;
- Interest in social media;
- Available for a minimum of 3 months.
What we offer:
- Work at our office in the city center of Amsterdam, where you get a lot of room to contribute your own ideas;
- Guidance by our communications advisor and direct contact with international top researchers;
- Internship allowance;
- Flexible working hours;
- Collaboration with your educational institution to earn credits is negotiable.
About the Institute for Advanced Study
The University of Amsterdam has established its Institute for Advanced Study (IAS) to offer outstanding researchers a haven, free from constraints of disciplinary boundaries. Here, they can work collaboratively on complex scientific and societal challenges. Our mission is to advance cutting-edge interdisciplinary research that addresses complex scientific and societal challenges.
Send your motivation and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to Jayshri Murli stating Communication internship IAS. Start and end date of the internship are negotiable. Application is open until we find a suitable candidate, we work on a first come, first served basis. For more information about the position and procedure, please contact Jayshri Murli.