Research theme selection
Calls for research themes are initiated to collect ideas and input from all corners of the university. Within this collection, the aim is to find overarching foundational and societal themes which can bring together a wide range of researchers from various disciplines.
New ideas can be submitted throughout the year. The Programme Committee evaluates proposals using the following criteria and considerations:
- Interdisciplinarity (at least 3 disciplines involved);
- High scientific quality;
- Added value of IAS involvement in its facilitating/stimulating role.
- Complex systems as common language is encouraged;
- Internal support/buy-in, research capacity and cross-faculty initiatives;
- External visibility, positioning and strategic partnerships;
- Future funding opportunities.
Submit a proposal
Ideas can be submitted by using the following template: