Research theme selection
Throughout the year proposals for research themes can be submitted. The Programme Committee evaluates proposals using the following criteria and considerations:
- Interdisciplinarity (at least 3 disciplines involved);
- High scientific quality;
- Added value of IAS support and involvement.
- Complex systems as common language is encouraged;
- Internal support/buy-in (research and organisational capacity) and cross-faculty initiatives;
- External visibility, positioning and strategic partnerships;
- Funding opportunities.
Submit a proposal
Researchers can propose scientific challenges that they would like to explore with IAS support, using the following template:
External parties (private sector or (non-)governmental organisations) that are working on (or confronted with) complex challenges that may benefit from a scientific complex systems approach, are welcome to contact us to discuss potential collaboration.