We regularly host and organise events to spark ideas, exchange knowledge, facilitate networking between researchers, and create new research partnerships. We also host interdisciplinary research teams at the IAS, providing space for collaborative work.
Most events at the IAS are typically small-scale and flexible in an almost 'homely' ambiance, offering researchers a haven to ponder, debate and reflect.
Types of events
- Knowledge cafés. Thematic meetings to explore new topics, spark creativity and grow interdisciplinary research networks.
- Think tanks. Workshops aimed at producing tangible outputs, such as publications and interdisciplinary research proposals.
- Working groups. Collaborative work for at least one semester hosted by the IAS.
- Academic discussions. Eye-opening, brain-stretching discussions at the IAS on anything that triggers your curiosity.
- Lectures, public talks, and network events.
Join an event
View our calendar to see all the events currently being organised at the IAS. As venue capacity is limited and organisers are facilitating interactive discussions, the number of participants is often maximised. If you’d like to join an event but didn’t receive an invitation, please contact us.
Organise an event
If you have a research topic you’d like to examine in an interdisciplinary research setting, you can organise your own IAS event and establish an interdisciplinary team for collaborative work. We can help you to grow your network outside your own discipline and get input on your research challenge from a different angle.
In your proposal, make sure to demonstrate:
- Interdisciplinarity - at least 3 disciplines should be involved, preferably also from different faculties
- Novelty – what’s innovative or novel in your research topic or approach
- Fit - how does your proposal fit into the IAS work programme
IAS support for events
We can provide various types of support for events, ranging from purely logistics (use of our rooms and facilities) to full financial and organisational support. The full support option is only available for events set up in close collaboration with IAS-affiliated researchers.
Submit your event proposal
We accept proposals year-round. To submit a proposal, complete the application form below.