New IAS Associates on board!
The Institute for Advanced Study is happy to announce that it has strengthened its Boards of Associates with six new members.
Starting from 1 September 2017, the following new IAS Associates will actively support the further development of the institute and its research activities:
- Peter Bolhuis | Computational Chemistry | Faculty of Science
- Jelle Bruineberg | Philosophy | Faculty of Humanities
- Cees Diks | Quantitative Economics | Faculty of Economics and Business
- Michel Mandjes | Mathematics | Faculty of Science
- Miranda de Meijer | Public Prosecution | Faculty of Law
- Karien Stronks | Public Health | Faculty of Medicine (AMC)
Since fostering interdisciplinarity requires researchers' awareness early in their academic careers, a special role is given to PhD candidate Jelle Bruineberg as the first PhD Ambassador on the Board of Associates.
About the IAS Board of Associates
The Board of Associates is a group of UvA researchers with roots in various complementing disciplines, a strong belief in interdisciplinary research collaboration, and affinity with mixed methods. The IAS Associates actively support the development of the IAS work programme, foster the internal and external visibility of the institute, and liaise between the IAS and the UvA faculties.