The game changer for a successful transition to a sustainable and secure energy system is an integrated approach to technical, social, economic, legal and spatial challenges that allows excellent building blocks to be implemented quickly and on a large scale. [Source: NERA about the NWA Route Energy Transition]
We have identified several UvA researchers already working on/interested to work on various aspects of the energy transition. In this meeting we will bring them together to explore a collaborative approach.
- Wim Sinke (FNWI/Van der Waals-Zeeman Instituut and ECN/TNO), photovoltaics and ‘Chair’ of the NWA route energy transition
- Bob van der Zwaan (FNWI/ Van 't Hoff Institute for Molecular Sciences and ECN/TNO), sustainable energy technology
- Annelies Huygen (FdR and TNO), regulating energy markets
- Willem Bouten (FNWI/ Institute for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Dynamics), effect of energy transition on nature
- Marc Davidson (FNWI/ Institute for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Dynamics), environmental ethics, environmental economics
- Cees Diks (FEB/ Quantitative Economics), economics of energy networks
- Maarten Wolsink (FMG, Urban Planning), social acceptance of energy innovation
- John Grin (FMG, Political Science), system innovations and transitions
- Valeria Krzhizhanovskaya (FNWI/Computational Science Lab), computational science - physics/chemistry/infrastructures
- Peter Sloot (FNWI/Computational Science Lab), complex adaptive systems
- Rick Quax (FNWI/Computational Science Lab), emergent behaviour of networks
Contact us if you are interested to join.